hi Mike,

I have almost completed two possible example solutions to the problem,
but after seeing your e-mail I have an inkling I've got the problem
statement wrong :(
So far I had an impression that you would like to do some clever
pairwise correlation for events that are matched by (almost) identical
regular expressions. (Just a note: if the expressions are almost the
same, it is actually a bit tricky with Pair* rules.)
However, from the example I've got an understanding that you would
simply like to suppress duplicate alarms for within a given time window,
provided that *both* the MAC address and the network are the same. Is my
understanding correct?
If so, you could try the following rule:

type=SingleWithSuppress
ptype=RegExp
pattern=\S+\s+\S+\s+\S+\s+\S+ dhcpd: DHCPDISCOVER from (\S+) via \S+
network (\S+): no free leases
desc=$2 no free leases for MAC $1
action=send email
window=120

If I didn't get it quite right, I'll post my two example solutions :)

kind regards,
risto