Since we assume that AIXItl is effectively better at achieving its
goal than any other agent with the same space and time resource
limitations the specific values for t and l do not matter. Do they?

> In short: it's some pretty math with some conceptual evocativeness,
> but not of any pragmatic value...

I take your word for it since you obviously are an authority in the
field but your logic is not apparent to me.

Read pages 49 and 50 of

www.idsia.ch/~marcus/ai/aixigentle.pdf

if your math background supports it...

Basically, given any t and l values (bounding time and space resources
respectively), and given any AI algorithm that achieves goal G within
resources (t,l), Hutter shows that AIXItl can achieve goal G too.
However, the resources taken by AIXItl may be bigger by some very
large constants that are specified by Hutter on p. 50 of his paper
referenced above.  As he notes there himself, these constants are
sufficiently big that AIXItl is rendered a pragmatically useless
algorithm....  Its main use is that it, unlike realistic AGI
architectures, it is sufficiently simple that one may prove nontrivial
things about it ;-)

-- Ben G

-------
AGIRI.org hosts two discussion lists: http://www.agiri.org/email
[singularity] = more general, [agi] = more technical

http://v2.listbox.com/member/[EMAIL PROTECTED]