Hi,

On 10/9/06, Bruce LaDuke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just a sidebar on the whole 2012 topic.

It's quite possible that singularity is **already here** as new knowledge
and that the only barrier is social acceptance.  Radical new knowledge is
historically created long before it is accepted by society or
institutionalized and that often outside the boudaries of the academic
establishment.

Singularity requires realized technology, not just understanding.

As it happens, I think I do understand how to create a superhuman AI,
but even if I'm right (which you are free to doubt, of course) this
knowledge in itself is just a potential rather than actual
Singularity....

If the high likelihood of the coming of a Singularity were widely
accepted, then the expected time till the Singularity comes would
decrease a lot, because of increased financial and attentional
resources paid to Singularity-enabling technologies...

Ben