Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
On 01/07/07, Alan Grimes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
For the last several years, the limiting factor has absolutely not been
hardware.

How much hardware do you claim you need to devel a hard AI?
Available computing power doesn't yet match that of the human brain,
but I see your point, software (in general) isn't getting better
nearly as quickly as hardware is getting better.

Well, not at the personally accessible level. I understand that there are now several complexes that approximate the processing power of a human brain...of course, they aren't being used for AI development.

OTOH, if things continue along the same curve (and Vista appears to be pushing the trend), then it won't be too long. A question I wonder about is "what's the power supply need of one of these?", but I don't think that answers at that fine a level are predictable.