On 02/07/07, Jef Allbright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

While I agree with you in regard to decoupling intelligence and any
particular goals, this doesn't mean goals can be random or arbitrary.
To the extent that striving toward goals (more realistically:
promotion of values) is supportable by intelligence, the values-model
must be coherent.

I'm not sure what you mean by "coherent". If I make it my life's work
to collect seashells, because I want to have the world's biggest
seashell collection, how does that rate as a goal in terms of
arbitrariness and coherence?

--
Stathis Papaioannou