--- Jef Allbright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 7/2/07, Tom McCabe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > --- Jef Allbright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > I hope that my response to Stathis might further
> > > elucidate.
> >
> > Er, okay. I read this email first.
>
> <Chaka...when the walls fell>
>
> Might I suggest reading an entire post for
> comprehension /before/
> beginning to reply.

Usually the order in which you read posts isn't an
issue. In evolutionary terms, there's no strong
selection pressure for the meme of "read and reply to
each point sequentially" versus "read the whole post
and then reply to each point". I usually read and then
reply to the whole post only when it's short enough to
be summarized in one or two paragraphs.

> I do appreciate many of your contributions here and
> on other lists,
> but as you know this is a limited bandwidth medium
> thus communication
> tends to be compressed.

As compared to the economic and personal costs of
thinking of each word, typing each word, and then
figuring out what each word meant (x200 or whatever
the readership is), the cost of a few hundred kB of
bandwidth is trivial. The Google shows people offering
3.5 TB of bandwidth for $7.

>  I in particular may
> sometimes take this to
> excess.