--- Gifting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > There is plenty of physical evidence that the universe is simulated by
> > finite state machine or a Turing machine.
> >
> > 1. The universe has finite size, mass, and age, and resolution  ....
> > etc.
> >
> > -- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> I assume there is also plenty of evidence that the universe is not
> simulated by a Turing machine or any other machine.
>
> I came across this blog
> http://www.newscientist.com/blog/technology/2008/01/vr-hypothesis.html

I don't see any evidence here, just an argument that appeals to our
evolutionary programmed bias to believe the universe is real.

Evidence that the universe is not simulated would be if it was found to be
infinite or if it did something that was not computable.  No such evidence
exists.

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]