G.722 codec is not defined for any other clock rates except 16KHz. This
means that no matter what the SDP says, G.722 connection is used to pass
16KHz audio.

On the other hand, there is a little complication caused by RFC 3551: RTP
clock operates at 8Khz. This means timestamps should be incremented at the
rate of 8000 units per second. In other words if you have 20 ms packets, the
two consecutive packets will have their timestamps different by 160, not by
320 that would have been the case with 16KHz RTP clock. It looks like phone
implementers get somewhat confused about this. Snom and Policom seem to get
this right. CounterPath declares 8KHz timing in RTP but uses 16KHz RTP clock
(10 ms packets with RTP timestamp incremented by 160). Grandstream declares
RTP clock to be 16Khz and increments RTP timestamp accordingly.
Roman Shpount