2008/10/2, Harsha. R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Its not clear to me as to why the 18X is expecting a Contact. The purpose of
>  Contact is to do a target refresh.
>  18X missing a Contact header means a target refresh has not happened. In
>  this case, address the PRACK to
>  the original remote target( mostly the one used for  INVITE).
>
>  If all goes well, PRACK reaches the intended UAS and  call goes through;

I don't agree here. The purpose of an-indialog request is to arrive
just to the UAS in that dialog, not to others UAS with same AoR.

If you send a PRACK (in-dialog request) with the same RURI as the
initial INVITE then the proxy between UAC and UAS must do again a
lookup to change the RURI and possibly do parallel forking. This will
cause an in-dialog request arriving to other UAS registered with same
AoR, each of them will reply "482 Call/Leg doesn't exist".

IMHO that is not the purpose SIP was designed, maybe it's just a black
hole, "legal", but incorrect. If we keep as "valid" any exotic
possibility not strictly defined in the RFC's then SIP would become a
pain.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>