Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Hi, during a chat between two users (alice and bob) using XMPP, alice closes
> the chat window and bob receives a notification:
>   "alice has ended this chat"
>
> I wonder if such of features are possible in SIP. I hope this would be done
> via a MESSAGE with a special Content-Type, something as:

What sort of sip chat session are you assuming?

Lets assume you mean an MSRP session established using SIP.
In that case, there are many possibilities:
- when alice tells her client to end the session,
   it could send a message such as the above within the
   msrp session before closing it.

- when bob's client notices the msrp session closing,
   or the BYE on the sip session, it could generate such
   a message locally.