Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Hi, I think I already was replied to a similar question but
> unfortunatelly I don't find it.
>
> The question is: when/where is useful sending a REGISTER with a
> Contact different than the UA's contact?
> For example:
>

> Phone1:
> - AoR: al...@domain.org
> - Listen: 10.10.0.111:5060;transport=UDP
>
> Phone2:
> - AoR: b...@domain.org
> - Listen: 10.10.0.222:5060;transport=TCP
>

> Now Phone2 sends a REGISTER like:
>
>   # TCP  from 10.10.0.222:12345 to registrar
>   REGISTER sip:registrar SIP/2.0
>   From: <sip:b...@domain.org>
>   Contact: 10.10.0.111:5060;transport=UDP
>

> I think this is useful in IMS, am I right? what for exactly? any other case?

We used it few times to implement automatic registration replication,
when proxy that receives REGISTER does autz, saves it locally replying
200 OK to the client, and then replicates transaction acting as UAC to
another registrar. Then, anybody who calls through that second registrar
can reach that client directly without going through first registrar.

Regards,
--
Maksym Sobolyev
Sippy Software, Inc.