On Thursday 18 December 2008 18:38:53 Paul Kyzivat wrote:
> You are tying this to the GW because the GW has a cost to you?
> If so, then why isn't it the GW that is generating the accounting?
>
> Or are you saying that you are routing the call to a GW, not controlled
> by you, that will bill you? And you want to generate your own accounting
> so you can bill back *your* customer?

Why would I let a GW do accounting? The GW is just a dumb device and not all
GW's are the same brand/type. To get them to do accounting requires a lot of
work and post-processing as they can't do rating realtime because of all the
different rateplans and other client specific stuff.

All logic, accounting and rating is done in the proxy. It's a logical place to
also do the accounting there. No need to do post-processing or jumping
thriough hoops to get the GW to do what I want.

Alex/