Hello All,

thank you for valuable responses.

According to Paul, Proxies MUST NOT modify SDP in INVITE, but SBC CAN do it,
It depends on implementation.

So, in SBC case with NAT traversal feature,  if 2 c= lines exist in SDP, 1
at session level and 1 at media level, what is the correct behaviour for SDP
handling?

igonore c line at session level or ignore c line at media level before
sending 200 OK to ingress side?

RFC 4566 says that media level c line has presedence over session level c
line.

Regards,

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Serbang, Nabam (Nabam)
<nserb...@avaya.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> First of all, I would like to extend my best new year 2009 wishes to you
> all.
>
> There has been lots of very interesting discussion going on in this
> topic.  Thanks to all of you.
>
> To solve the issue with minimal effort and resource, I agree with Paul
> group. From the standard perspective, I agree with Michael group (lets
> not start a war :-) ) .
> My take on this is following the standard is a good idea, at least for
> uniformity.  As standard can be changed, change for good, why not choose
> the best method to address the issue and make it standard in next
> release of the standard if not already addressed in existing standard.
> I guess through discussion, one like this, we could suggest
> standarization body to address the issue and tell them the best possible
> solution ( Many man, many mind?).  I'm not saying there are no standard
> alread. I mean they can be refined  if possible.
>

> Thanks and regards
> Nabam Serbang

Erol Turaç