2010/8/20 Mikko Lehto <msle...@gmail.com>:
> Hello implementators
>
> Recently we ran into following dialog matching issue with new SS7 GW device:
>
> our customers proxy modified from URI in initial INVITE, but did not do
> the same anymore for in-dialog BYE. This caused our new GW to not match the
> dialog and sessions we're only terminated once GW sent BYE.
>
> After customer changed behaviour (to manipulate also in-dialog requests)
> in their proxy, GW was able to match in-dialog request again correctly.
>

> I filed a report with the GW vendor, but they refuse to accept
> behaviour as a bug.
>
> My arguments for this being a serious defect are:
>
> 1. tags we're untouched and correct all the time
> 2. RFC3261 12.2.1.1 Generating the Request:
> ---
> It is expected that mandatory reflection of the original To and From URI
> in mid-dialog requests will be deprecated in a subsequent revision of
> this specification
> ---
> 3. robustness principle
>
> I can already see another customer to bump into same issue, can anyone come
> with
> better arguments than I did?

Try this one:

RFC 3261 is officially updated by RFC 4916 "Connected Identity in the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)" in which From/To display-name and
URI can be modified within the same dialog (by keeping the ;tag
parameter, of course).

If you look at the top of RFC 3261 there you can read:

  Updated by: 3265, 3853, 4320, 4916, 5393, 5621,
             5626, 5630, 5922

Good luck.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo