Brett,

Yes, 3261 has all those MUSTs in it. But it was there for 2543
compatibility. AFAIK there is nothing that calls for checking that the
URIs remain unchanged as a requirement for recognizing that the request
is an in-dialog request.

So I think it might be within the letter of the law to reject the
request with a 400 because it isn't valid. But absent that I would
expect it to accept the request. Returning 481 is IMO wrong.

Of course it could pretend to be only 2543 compliant. But then, IIRC, it
should not have returned a to-tag during dialog establishment.

So I think both the proxy and the gw are behaving improperly.