On 6/8/2011 3:50 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> Some existing proxies reply some custom 4XX codes for these kind of
> errors. I would like some specific and standarized 4XX response code,
> something like:
>
>    467 "Unsupported Transport"

Go for it! Submit a draft. (Send it to the dispatch list.)
Put some text clearly explaining the problem and why existing mechanisms
don't provide a solution. After that motivation, you can propose the
solution.

I think such an error code would clearly apply to the transport=sctp
case with a server that doesn't support sctp.

It a little less clear for the sips over udp case. At the least there
should be some text in the definition of the code that makes it apply to
such cases. (And there is also the possibility that sips over udp should
simply imply DTLS.)