Hi again Vivek,

It occurred to me you're asking: when do you start processing the received
telephone-event payload?

I'm pretty sure this is implementation specific. My implementation processes
tones on the first received packet (minding timestamp problems) which is the
first recommended algorithm in the RFC. Refer to RFC 4733 section 2.5.2
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4733#section-2.5.2) for recommended
algorithms of processing received tones:

   In the first algorithm, the receiver simply places a tone of the
   given duration in the audio playout buffer at the location indicated
   by the timestamp.  As additional packets are received that extend the
   same tone, the waveform in the playout buffer is extended
   accordingly.  (Care has to be taken if audio is mixed, i.e., summed,
   in the playout buffer rather than simply copied.)  Thus, if a packet
   in a tone lasting longer than the packet interarrival time gets lost
   and the playout delay is short, a gap in the tone may occur.

   Alternatively, the receiver can start a tone and play it until one of
   the following occurs:

   o  it receives a packet with the E bit set;

   o  it receives the next tone, distinguished by a different timestamp
      value (noting that new segments of long-duration events also
      appear with a new timestamp value);

   o  it receives an alternative non-event media stream (assuming none
      was being received while the event stream was active); or

   o  a given time period elapses.

   This is more robust against packet loss, but may extend the tone
   beyond its original duration if all retransmissions of the last
   packet in an event are lost.  Limiting the time period of extending
   the tone is necessary to avoid that a tone "gets stuck".  This
   algorithm is not a license for senders to set the duration field to
   zero; it MUST be set to the current duration as described, since this
   is needed to create accurate events if the first event packet is
   lost, among other reasons.

Brandon