David, further on "header field values" vs. "parameters". Please check the
very end of page 15 of the RFC here (https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3261.txt),
where it gives example of response having "three Via header field values -
one added by Alice's SIP phone, one added by the atlanta.com proxy, and one
added by the biloxi.com proxy". Those 3 obviously are:

      Via: SIP/2.0/UDP server10.biloxi.com
         ;branch=z9hG4bKnashds8;received=192.0.2.3
      Via: SIP/2.0/UDP bigbox3.site3.atlanta.com
         ;branch=z9hG4bK77ef4c2312983.1;received=192.0.2.2
      Via: SIP/2.0/UDP pc33.atlanta.com
         ;branch=z9hG4bK776asdhds ;received=192.0.2.1