Yep, we agree. So the question is what the safest response would be to
send for the largest number of endpoints, such that they don't mark the
trunk as being out of service/decide that the gateway is permanently
unreachable, and actually re-register as their binding comes up for
renewal.

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 10:48:46PM +0100, Philipp Schöning wrote:

> There is no need to send REGISTER-Requests this often.
> This will generate unnecessary load on the application level.
>
> If UDP is used for transport, empty UDP packets can be sent to keep the
> NAT-binding alive.
> When TCP is used, the method mentioned in RFC5626, 3.5.1 can be used to
> keep the NAT-binding alive.

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)