Thank you, really helpful, but I need help on what I should look for in
RFC3265,  I can't find that there is any mention of SDP's in it ?
BR/pj

-----Original Message-----
From: sip-implementors-boun...@lists.cs.columbia.edu
<sip-implementors-boun...@lists.cs.columbia.edu> On Behalf Of Paul Kyzivat
Sent: den 24 september 2019 00:27
To: sip-implementors@lists.cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [Sip-implementors] session refresh

On 9/23/19 5:00 PM, Sundbaum Per-Johan (Telenor Sverige AB) wrote:
> Hi !
> Can anybody help me find relevant RFC/other info on how UAS should handle
> re-INVITE that is intended as a session refresh and not for modifying the
> session ?

A pure session refresh is something that can only be recognized in retrospect,
not in advance.

Since that is the caller's desire, he is off to a good start by offering
B1 again in (5). That indicates doesn't want to change anything. But there is
no guarantee that the caller will want to keep things as they are. (Though the
probability is high.)

In this case the caller MAY send A1 in (6), and that would make clear that it
too prefers a "pure" session request.

OTOH, the caller MAY send any SDP in (6) that complies with O/A rules as
specified in RFC3265.

I suggest you review RFC6337, notably section 5. It also cross references parts
of other RFCs that motivate what it says.