Nikolay Kondratyev wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I’d like to have a default dialing rule, that will forward all unknown
> (not matched by other dialing rules) numbers to autoattendant.
>
> So… I created a custom dialing rule:
>
> Match numbers with empty prefix and any number of digits
>
> Dial 1000 (my autoattendant extention).
>
> I made this rule last in the list.
>

> But after activating the dial plan all calls go to AA, including calls,
> that previously were routed to sip-isdn gateway.
>
> Call to internal extensions behave as such: destination phone rings (one
> short ring) and then call is answered by AA.
>

> Looks like my new rule takes precedence over all other, in spite of this
> new rule is the last in the list.
>

> This leads me to the conclusion, that there is something that I don’t know.
>
> Could somebody please tell me if my idea should work at all?
>
> Is there a way to forward all unknown numbers to AA?
>
> Why this new rule takes precedence over all previous rules?

Rules that are "internal" take precedence over "external" rules (the one
that require a gateway). Internally sipXconfig would generate two rules
files "mappingrules" and "fallbackrules". And if there is a match when
processing "mappingrules" then "fallbackrules" are not even looked at.

We probably need a UI for custom rule screen that would allow explicitly
set the rule as 'internal' or 'external' (ie. send it to mapping or
fallback rules).

Since we do not have it yet, you'd need to use some tricks. One trick - not
sure if it's going to work but worth a try - is to add an unmanaged gateway
that represents your system and add it to the custom rule that you defined.

Another trick is to use manual overrides descibed here:
http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/Defining_SIP_URI_Mapping_Rules#Manual_Mapping_and_Fallback_Rules

D.