Am I right in thinking that a sipxecs 3.11/4.0 HA configuration can only
have 1 instance of sipxbridge? Trying to create the SBC role on more than
one server seems not to be allowed, and I have read posts that seem to
confirm this.
Our business has 2 offices, one in the UK and one on the US west coast. The
two offices are connected by a VPN. The US office uses a US-based ITSP, and
the UK office uses a Europe-based ITSP.

If both offices use the UK-based sipxbridge, calls made to and from our US
office have their RTP media routed over the VPN back to the UK sipxbridge,
then out onto the internet in Europe, back across the Atlantic to our US
ITSP. This is giving really high latency, and much worse call quality, and
seems quite inelegant, given that if we could also have an SBC running on
our sipxecs server in the US office, the calls could go out directly onto
the internet in the US, and essentially stay within the US.

Similarly, if we place the sipxbridge in the US, we get the same problem in
the UK.

However, this page:

http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/SIP_Trunking_with_sipXecs:_Overview_and_Configuration

states that:

"The sipXbridge service can be installed on the same physical server as all
the other sipXecs components, or it can be deployed on separate hardware.
The choice is based on the need for scalability. In such a distributed setup
several sipXbridge components can be added to sipXecs, each on its own
physical server."

Have I misunderstood something about sipx's SBCs/sipxbridge? I'm new to
sipxecs so any help would be really appreciated.