From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org on behalf of hazzanz
Sent: Tue 5/19/2009 6:25 AM
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: [sipx-users] Lots of Speed Dials and Incoming Caller id mapping

As part of migration from a legacy pbx to sipX (at least I hope) I need
to do the following:

1) Map a large number of short codes to external numbers ie 6600 ->
041234567

2) Do the reverse for caller-id on incoming calls i.e map 041234567->6600

Unfortunately there is no pattern to the transform so it will need to be
a table or file lookup. Is there someway to achieve this? I have looked
at the externalAliases.aliasAddins but don't seem to be able to get this
working with this file:

<items type="alias"
xmlns="http://www.sipfoundry.org/sipX/schema/xml/alias-00-00";>
   <!-- map 1234567 to another number at another domain -->
   <item>
      <identity>6...@example.com</identity>
      <contact>&lt;sip:041234...@example&gt;</contact>
   </item>
</items>

But it just doesn't seem to map. All suggestions welcome!

Thanks