Basically I need three things:
1) We have a legacy pbx. During migration I want people that are moved onto
sipx to still be able to dial 4 digit extentions for people on the legacy
pbx. So they should be able to dial a 4 digit extension and sipx will map
this to an external number i.e. 6600->041234567

2) I would like to do the reverse of the above. So when people on the legacy
pbx dial the people on the sipx system the incoming caller-id on sipx is
mapped to the extension number from above. 41234567->6600

3) Our sip trunk provider provides incoming caller-id with out the long
distance (0) or international (00) prefix. I would like to put these on to
the incoming caller-id i.e. 8 digit national number 41234567 to 041234567.
This is related to 2) as well.

I can see that I can do 1) with "phantom" extensions as suggest by Michael -
hopefully through the csv loader. Can I do anything about 2) and 3)? We have
piloted asterisk and did to above with custom context/dialplans.

Thanks for your patience