On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 22:25 +1200, hazzanz wrote:
> As part of migration from a legacy pbx to sipX (at least I hope) I need
> to do the following:
>
> 1) Map a large number of short codes to external numbers ie 6600 ->
> 041234567

The external alias file you listed should have done something like that
(except that you left the '.com' off the target address), but I'm not
sure what the status of the external alias mechanism is in 4.0...

This 'bulk alias definition' issue has come up before, but I don't see
it in the tracker now...

> 2) Do the reverse for caller-id on incoming calls i.e map 041234567->6600

There's no way to modify caller-id on incoming calls in sipXecs.