From: Jhony Perez [mailto:jpe...@zbzoom.net]
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 10:05 AM
To: Dale Worley
Cc: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] SipXecs 4 with Cisco gateway issues - Resolved

Dale Worley wrote:

On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 10:18 -0400, Jhony Perez wrote:

 After trying many things I found what I think it was the last piece of

the puzzle, on the Cisco gateway dial-peer (call leg) that points to the

SipXecs, I specified what codec to use, G711 and now I'm able to call

just fine. After doing some research I found that the Cisco gateway

defaults to G729, don't know if 4.0 has built-in support to G729 but

that seems to have fix my issue.

The Cisco should be set up to offer (and accept) any codec that it

supports.  You shouldn't be configuring it to use only one of the codecs

that it can use.

Dale

I didn't specify that on the incoming dial-peer but only on the outgoing to
SipXecs, incoming it is up to the calling side to propose what codec to use
based on what's configure as the prefer codec. After troubleshooting my issue,
I found that with SipXecs 4.0 unless I specify G711 as my prefer codec,
everytime I call from a handset connected to the Cisco CME to a handset
connected to the SipXecs 4.0 I'd get fast busy but as soon as I set up the
prefer codec on the Cisco to G711 it works.

I'll try removing this and adding it a few times including setting the prefer
to G729 and see what happens, if anything would be good to know.

 I'll keep you all posted.