I've never seen any open source implementations for this. Realizing the
complexity and availability of such a system, all carriers use specialized
software from vendors that can adhere to problems escalations and rapid
software fixes as needed. The burdens for this in the open source world, due
to the legal needs to always evolving e911 regulatory requirements, are
pretty harsh. At the same time, the legal implications of being responsible
for something when there is no vendor standing behind you if a complaint if
filed because something didn't go well is something that would discourage
this. The penalties are severe.

I've dealt with several carriers on 911 in the past several years. The first
two were joke. The third was one who would not issue a phone number for any
city where the customer could not prove a physical office. I would say the
third one was serious, the other two were just getting by since they also
did not subscribe to or deliver cnam.