Is it any user or just specific users?

I suggest looking at your overall system timeout function and checking the
setting (20 seconds is the default in sipx).

I would look at the user configuration for the box originally called and
determine whether it has any user call forwarding or not.

There are fixes in 4.0.4, though I do not think any of them are directly
addressing anything like this. Certainly if you uncover something, a but
report should be done under 4.0.4 for the developers to work from.

Upgrading from 4.0.x anything to 4.0.4 has been painless for me.

If you can log from your audiocodes, it might be helpful to have as well. If
I recall there is a syslog function there.

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Geoff Van Brunt <gvanbr...@dstgroup.com>wrote:

> >Updating to 4.0.4 is certainly not going to hurt but...
>
> I've been bitten by the upgrade bug before, so I'm cautious not to do so
> unless it actually fixes a problem or plugs a security hole etc.
>
> >What kind of phones and what type of transfer is occuring? Be sure to
> >include bootrom and firmware versions.
>
> They are Polycom 550s mostly with 3.1.3B and the latest boot rom
> available when it came out. Since the message was from an outside line
> (via gateway) and already transferred to voice mail as they could record
> some of the message, I don't think the phone could be involved, could
> it? Since the problem is extremely intermittent I don't have a tracefile
> and I can't tell what is going on transfer wise.
>
> In more detail it goes like this:
>
> The call comes in on AudioCodes Mediant 1000 PRI interface and is
> transferred to phone. It rings until voicemail timeout. Call gets
> transferred to voicemail service where message plays and caller begins
> to record message. Only some of the message is recorded, then the caller
> hears a ringtone. No one ever answers.

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.