I'll raise my hand and disagree here a bit.  If I want info on a
vendor's products I don't want to look in 2 different places depending
on whether it is managed by sipXecs or not.

I'm not 100% sure what it ought to be but in my head it looks something
like:

sipXecs -+->  Version 3.x

         +->  Version 4.0.x

         +->  Version 4.2.x

sipXecs Development -+-> Version 3.x

                     +-> etc.

Devices -+-> Phones -+-> Vendor A -+-> Product A
         |           +-> Vendor B
         +-> Gateways -+-> Vendor A

         +-> Session Border Controllers