From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Gilmore
Sent: Sunday, 17 January 2010 2:54 p.m.
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] SSL Cert help

On Jan 16, 2010, at 5:38 PM, Tony Graziano wrote:

What does

sipxproc -state

Tell you?

/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:586:in `connect': certificate verify failed
(OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError)
            from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:586:in `connect'
            from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:553:in `do_start'
            from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:542:in `start'
            from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:1035:in `request'
            from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:992:in `post2'
            from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlrpc/client.rb:535:in `do_rpc'
            from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlrpc/client.rb:420:in `call2'
            from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlrpc/client.rb:410:in `call'
            from /usr/bin/sipxproc:267

I redid the whole procedure from scratch, with a slightly different procedure
using info gleaned from the text shown with /usr/bin/ssl-cert/gen-ssl-keys.sh
(In all instructions below, replace "myhost.mydomain" with the fully qualified
domain name of your own server):

1. First I made a new empty dir, and CDed to it.
2, I copied /usr/bin/ssl-cert/gen-ssl-keys.sh to this dir.
3. I edited gen-ssl-keys.sh and changed the line "ServerKeyBits=1024" to
"ServerKeyBits=2048"
4. I ran ./gen-ssl-keys.sh --csr and answered the prompts with country, state,
etc.
5. I cat'ed resulting myhost.mydomain.csr file, and copied the text to paste it
into the GoDaddy CSR request on their website.
6. GoDaddy liked that fine, and I was then able to download a certificate.  I
chose "Apache" as the format, and it returned both a myserver.mydomain.crt and
a gd_bundle.crt file in a zip file.  I copied both of these to my directory on
the sipx server.
7.  One of the problems I saw earlier was an error regarding the Java keystore
when doing the next step that actually installs the keys.  To avoid this, I ran
gen-ssl-keys.sh again with the --convert-crt2jks option:

gen-ssl-keys.sh --convert-crt2jks myhost.mydomain

8. I then ran /usr/bin/ssl-cert/install-cert.sh myhost.mydomain.key.  It seemed
to operate without error.
9. I restarted sipx with server sipxecs restart
10. I tested in some web browsers.  I only have tested on Macs so far;  Firefox
seems to accept the certificate, Safari complains that the certificate was
signed by an unknown authority.  I read on the web that other Safari users have
had this problem on Safari.

So things seem to work for me, but I still need to do more testing on Windows
and Linux.  I'd like to fix Safari too, if I can figure it out, as GoDaddy
claims it should work.

I'm not sure what the command above that Tony had me run actually means--it
seems to indicate a problem.

Jeff