From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
<sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org>
To: Scott Lawrence <scottlawr...@avaya.com>; sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
<sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org>
Sent: Mon Jan 18 12:31:15 2010
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] SSL Cert help

On 1/18/2010 11:13 AM, Scott Lawrence wrote:
> Frankly, I wouldn't invest much in getting externally generated keys
> working in a 4.0 system.  There turn out to be many potential pitfalls,
> and it's clear that feature really wasn't ready for prime time.  We're
> investing a fair amount of effort in this for 4.2...

Is it just the setup process that wasn't ready for prime time, or
something else? Assuming the import worked, is it safe to assume there
are no more pitfalls? I just moved to a internal company generated cert
using an internal Microsoft licensing server. It was relatively painless
once I figured out how to tell Microsoft is was an Apache request as
opposed to something Microsoft. There aren't any long term issues I
should expect are there? Once I realized my users would need the web
interface for forwarding, I needed to get rid of those ssl cert warning
screens. They used to be no big deal in older versions of IE, but
current versions are sure to generate a call to our help desk no matter
how much we explain the messages are ok.