Hi,

This page here has probably most of the information required to get you back to
a 'known' state, but basically (as root) run:

mkdir $HOME/sslkeys
cd $HOME/sslkeys
/usr/bin/ssl-cert/gen-ssl-keys.sh

Then:
/usr/bin/ssl-cert/install-cert.sh

http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/SSL_Certificates

I am sure you probably have done that, but that is the process I have followed
to put third party certs in. First I delete pretty much all the certs in the
/etc/sipxpbx/ssl directories and run the above process.

This page also has the process to convert DER certs to PEM certs which you need
to do to install the third party CA certificates after saving them to file. The
only part on this page that I think is missing is the generation of the java
keystore which Jeff detailed in his instructions.

The other thing that I think is missing from the instructions is around
certificates that have intermediates. The certificate you install from my
findings looks for the root or the signing authority and of course can't find
it because there is an intermediate in between. So you need to put both the
root and intermediate in the authorities folder, so you would end up
potentially in that case of having two certs in the authorities folder for the
third party cert and one in that folder for the self signed one that does the
other stuff aside from the Web stuff (which is what I care about). You would
also have three sym links in that folder too after doing the re-hash detailed
by Scott (nice email address too Scott btw).

Just another thing, I think I had to go and tweak the permissions on the
certificates in the authorities directory after doing all of this, not a major
though.

The reason it is important to me is I want to give the user the best possible
experience and I don't accept clicking on a SSL error on a web page to continue
is a good experience, that's why I was/am so keen to get it sorted out.

Mine so far works flawlessly that I can tell and I have rebooted and set PIN
numbers from TUI etc and it all seems ok, I don't know what else to look at or
check.
Next for me will be doing the same using a MS CA so that it is easier to renew
and set expiry dates out longer etc and of course less cost, however there
could be implications for remote workers in this case which is something I
haven't considered as it is outside the scope for me.

Happy to work with someone to detail the instructions from start to finish and
use real examples assuming it is tested and worked for others.

Cheers
Grant