Thanks. I had used those in the past and recovered fine. Somewhere in
the process of trying to make the internal MS cert work, I must have
caused an issue of some sort. The MS certs didn't have the right name,
extension, etc, so I had to do a few more things.

On 1/20/2010 1:47 PM, Grant Lang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This page here has probably most of the information required to get you back
> to a 'known' state, but basically (as root) run:
>
> mkdir $HOME/sslkeys
> cd $HOME/sslkeys
> /usr/bin/ssl-cert/gen-ssl-keys.sh
>
> Then:
> /usr/bin/ssl-cert/install-cert.sh
>
> http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/SSL_Certificates
>
> I am sure you probably have done that, but that is the process I have
> followed to put third party certs in. First I delete pretty much all the
> certs in the /etc/sipxpbx/ssl directories and run the above process.
>
> This page also has the process to convert DER certs to PEM certs which you
> need to do to install the third party CA certificates after saving them to
> file. The only part on this page that I think is missing is the generation of
> the java keystore which Jeff detailed in his instructions.
>
> The other thing that I think is missing from the instructions is around
> certificates that have intermediates. The certificate you install from my
> findings looks for the root or the signing authority and of course can't find
> it because there is an intermediate in between. So you need to put both the
> root and intermediate in the authorities folder, so you would end up
> potentially in that case of having two certs in the authorities folder for
> the third party cert and one in that folder for the self signed one that does
> the other stuff aside from the Web stuff (which is what I care about). You
> would also have three sym links in that folder too after doing the re-hash
> detailed by Scott (nice email address too Scott btw).
>
> Just another thing, I think I had to go and tweak the permissions on the
> certificates in the authorities directory after doing all of this, not a
> major though.
>
> The reason it is important to me is I want to give the user the best possible
> experience and I don't accept clicking on a SSL error on a web page to
> continue is a good experience, that's why I was/am so keen to get it sorted
> out.
>
> Mine so far works flawlessly that I can tell and I have rebooted and set PIN
> numbers from TUI etc and it all seems ok, I don't know what else to look at
> or check.
> Next for me will be doing the same using a MS CA so that it is easier to
> renew and set expiry dates out longer etc and of course less cost, however
> there could be implications for remote workers in this case which is
> something I haven't considered as it is outside the scope for me.
>
> Happy to work with someone to detail the instructions from start to finish
> and use real examples assuming it is tested and worked for others.
>
> Cheers
> Grant

>>> issuer='/C=US/ST=AnyState/L=AnyTown/O=sipx.voip/OU=sipXecs/CN=c
>>> a.nshpbx1.sipx.voip/emailaddress=r...@nshpbx1.sipx.voip'\n
>>> subject='/C=US/ST=AnyState/L=AnyTown/O=sipx.voip/OU=sipXecs/CN=
>>> nshpbx1.sipx.voip/emailaddress=r...@nshpbx1.sipx.voip'"
>>> "2010-01-20T16:53:40.411754Z":2:KERNEL:ERR:nshpbx1.sipx.voip:pi
>>> d-8800:23D69C30:mediaservercgi:"OsSSLConnectionSocket
>>> SSL_connect failed: :\n   SSL error: 1
>>> 'error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)'"
>>> "2010-01-20T16:53:40.411797Z":3:HTTP:ERR:nshpbx1.sipx.voip:pid-
>>> 8800:23D69C30:mediaservercgi:"HttpMessage::get[4]
>>> socket to 10.87.20.5:8101 not connected, retry 1 after 20ms"
>>> "2010-01-20T16:53:40.433197Z":4:KERNEL:ERR:nshpbx1.sipx.voip:pi
>>> d-8800:23D69C30:mediaservercgi:"OsSSL::verifyCallback
>>> invalid certificate at depth 0\n       error='unable to get
>>> local issuer
>>> certificate'\n
>>> issuer='/C=US/ST=AnyState/L=AnyTown/O=sipx.voip/OU=sipXecs/CN=c
>>> a.nshpbx1.sipx.voip/emailaddress=r...@nshpbx1.sipx.voip'\n
>>> subject='/C=US/ST=AnyState/L=AnyTown/O=sipx.voip/OU=sipXecs/CN=
>>> nshpbx1.sipx.voip/emailaddress=r...@nshpbx1.sipx.voip'"
>>> "2010-01-20T16:53:40.433261Z":5:KERNEL:ERR:nshpbx1.sipx.voip:pi
>>> d-8800:23D69C30:mediaservercgi:"OsSSLConnectionSocket
>>> SSL_connect failed: :\n   SSL error: 1
>>> 'error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)'"
>>> "2010-01-20T16:53:40.433289Z":6:HTTP:ERR:nshpbx1.sipx.voip:pid-