On 2/5/2010 6:58 PM, Scott Lawrence wrote:
> Once the problem is detected, log in as root.  Find the runaway process
> pid; check to see if it's the same as the process id in the
> file /var/run/sipxecs/freeswitch.pid (interesting if not), and then cill
> the process and note the time locally and in UTC:
>
>    kill -6<pid>  ; date -u +%R ; date +%U
>
> You don't need to do anything to restart freeswitch - the supervisor
> will do that on its own when it sees that the process has died.
>
> cd to the logs directory - that's where the core file should be:
>
>    cd /var/log/sipxpbx
>    ls -l core*
>
> find the one created at the time you killed the process.
>
> Then include that in the snapshot:
>
>    sipx-snapshot --core<core-file-name>
>
> If you can identify the time that the problem started, you can (possibly
> greatly) reduce the size of the snapshot by adding time qualifiers:
>
>    --start-time<utc-time>  --stop-time<time-from-date-dash-u-above>

It finally happened again. I have done everything in your steps except
the snapshot. I'm unable to get the time start and stop switches to work
properly.
this is what I tried
[r...@nshpbx1 ~]# kill -6 11264 ; date -u +%R ; date +%U
18:45
08
sipx-snapshot --core core.11264 --start-time 18:35 --stop-time 18:45

Am I doing something wrong? I get 'Unknown switch: --start-time'
 From looking at the help, I'm assuming maybe I need to use the [
--log-start <date-time> [ --log-stop <date-time> ] options, but that
throws some other errors that and it is indicating a syntax different
than the one you provided. I didn't want to experiment. I want to get
this exactly right. I was sitting right here when it happened, and I
definitely have the data narrowed down to a small time window. This is
one of the few times I have been glad that a problem occurred.