We had problems with Dell R410's and R610's due to the broadcom chips
on them.  This was with FreeBSD, but I can imagine linux has similar
issues.  The Drac card also led to problems.  Disabling the Drac card
and putting Intel PCIx card in it was the initial work around we used.
 The latest Dell firmware upgrade for the NIC's seems to have fixed
our FreeBSD problem.  Obviously this is just a general comment on the
Dell nics, unrelated to sipX.

Matt P.