mpicher wrote
> Well, latest firmware that you want to use with 4.0.4 is
> 3.1.3c (split)
> with 4.2.0 bootrom.
>
> I'm not sure that this firmware will work on the 500
> series phones
> however...  this may be part of the problem.
>
> Aside from that, you haven't give us much to go off.
>
> As far as noob problems go, make sure your DNS is
> configured properly
> and TEST it.
>
> http://wiki.sipfoundry.org/display/xecsuser/DNS+Concepts+for
> +sipXecs
>
> Mike

Indeed the 500 series dont support anything above the 2.1.3
firmware which is the one I installed. I upgraded my phones
from the 1.6 firmware which seemed to be no longer supported
by sipxecs, it automatically expected a 2.0 firmware (which
I read includes every 2.x firmware). So Im guessing theres
not much of a problem there. Actually whenever I setup a
polycom soundpoint phone it automatically says "polycom
soundpoint 500/501 2.0".

I kind of guessed it would be the DNS too but I tested
pinging the hostname from another machine on the network
with no problem, sipx.mydomain.com and its the same domain
the phones are trying to register with but still dont
register. I also get a ping response for "sipx". Im guessing
those are the Host records(A Records) since they are the
ones I can find in /etc/hosts/ but I didnt know about the
SRV records which I tried testing and failed.

So I have one more question, where is the bind configuration
file located in the server?

Thanks for your help.

Austin Curry wrote
> I would double check your DNS configuration (and DHCP
> parameters) as
> stated.
> If the appropriate SRV or A records are not created
> properly, phones
> will not register.
>
> -Under System > Servers > yoursipxecsserver.com are all
> services running
> properly?
>

> In your AC MP114 does it show your gateway registered
> with your proxy
> under:
> Status & Diagnostics > Gateway Statistics > Call Routing
> Status
> (path may vary depending on the AC firmware version)
>
> Austin

After testing the DNS the SRV records test failed, where do
I set the SRV records in the server?

Under System > Servers > I get nothing. Its empty. I click
on add server but it wont let me add anything, it doesnt
matter what server roles I choose It says "At least 1
Management role has to be enabled in the cluster." Ive even
chosen all server roles.

As far as the Gateway goes, I cant find anything related to
a Gateway on the Diagnostics menu, I get a Statistics tab
but tells me there are no targets being monitored.

Tony Graziano wrote
> > Whenever I pick up the handset it just says Url call
> > is
> > disabled.
> >
> in sipxconfig...
> Phone>Features>uncheck url dialing
> resend the profile to the phone and then manually reboot
> the phone if it
> doesnt reboot.
>

> > Ive gone through the setup instructions in the wiki
> > as well
> > as the polycom soundpoint trouble shooting but havnt
> > been
> > able to figure this out.
> >
> > Look at sipxconfig, diagnostics>registrations
>
> this is where you check to see if anything registers

Thanks, the url dialing is now solved. Phones still dont
register so Im guessing it is in fact the DNS.

Thank you all very much for your help.