Problem: calls to a specific number in rural MN (507-375-NNNN) never ring when
using voip.ms via a sipxecs trunk though voip.ms.
What I expect: outbound call to ring and be answered
What happens: called number doesn't ring, 60 seconds later call is terminated
by voip.ms
Environment: Polycom 650, sipxecs svn 17896 on FC12

I've been going around and around with voip.ms; I can make and receive calls
via sipxecs and a plain old softphone ("Telephone") to every other number I've
tried, but trying to call this one number in rural MN results in no ring at
their end and a 'Ringing...' SIP status to me until it times out. When I look
at a packet trace outside the firewall I see a normal looking SIP setup and RTP
traffic going both ways for a while then voip.ms just stops sending RTP packets
about 1 second into the connection and eventually BYE's me if I wait long
enough.

Calling via Qwest POTS, Sprint, skype out, and phonepower all work fine. Calls
from them to me always work fine. The problem is intermittent.

Does this general issue (not being able to call certain numbers via a specific
SIP provider) ring any bells? Its some mom+pop phone company down there, could
they be giving voip.ms the finger somehow? Voip.ms keeps closing my ticket with
a  hugely unhelpful "we can call that number from here" message. Is this the
problem someone alluded to recently that some CLECs refuse to terminate calls
that aren't profitable?

Thanks for any tips,
-Eric Varsanyi