Thanks for that - I'll try setting the caller-id to my DID when I get back to
the office.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Gilmore <j...@thegilmores.net>
To: Nathaniel Watkins
Cc: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org users <sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org>
Sent: Wed Mar 17 20:16:18 2010
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] outbound caller-id

I just went through callerID and 911 config with my carrier (a regional carrier
in the NorthEast called Finger Lakes Technology Group).

In my case they just need me to send them the 10 digit DID as the caller ID
(which gets placed in as the user in the FROM on the SIP invite:
1234567...@mydomain.com).  I do this by explicitly setting the caller ID for
each user (in my case every user has their own DID).

The Firstname and Lastname fields of the sipx user get added as the friendly
name in the FROM, and my vendor picks this up for 911 data.

This vendor uses a switch called MetaSwitch.

In case any of that is helpful...

Jeff