From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Andriy
Kucher
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 6:41 AM
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] sipXecs behind NAT

Thank you for reply.
Quote:
> >You need to indicate what kind of firewall/route is
> doing your NAT. It
> sounds like your NAT device is mangling the ports, which
> won't work.

I'm using simple iptables linux firewall. I think its
everything ok with firewall, it doesn't change ports. I have
used previously freeswitch and it has worked correctly.

Quote:
> > static IP address (82.207.124.XXX) and specified
> > Start RTP
> > port - End RTP port to 31112 - 31116. Public port
> > remains
> > default 5060.
> >
> >That's a very restrictive range. Why so low a range?

Because of testing purposes. When it works properly I'll
change this range to wider. Currently its quite some work to
configure firewall to open this ports.

Quote:
> > Your firewall or router needs to ensure the ports
> > (5060 and 31113-31116 are
> > sent out and come back on the same port. At the same
> > time your remote
> > user(s) need to ensure their router/firewall has any
> > ALG (application layer
> > Gateway, or SPI stateful packet inspection, as well
> > as any sip helpers or
> > proxies like sipxproxd turned off).

Well, at server side router makes correct redirections,
ports 5060 and 31112-31116 are properly opened and sent out
and come back.
My remote user (its me at home) has hardware pppoe router
(tp-link 642g) and actually I don't know if it has any sip
helpers.
Actually I'm wondering why I do need that sip
helpers....freeswitch has worked perfectly at this scenario.
I can grab at home with wireshark all sip packets and post
here but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do this on linux
server. Should I attach here this logs?