basically, this is how we're setup with this client.

The sipx server is in our Philly datacenter.  It's not behind NAT and it has a
public IP with firewall turned on.  All ports closed except the ones I said
earlier.  Then we have 2 locations.  Our client's office, and our office.  We
have phones in both locations connected to the sipx server.

As for firewall, both offices are behind firewalls and the polycom phones
behind NAT.  Location A has extensions 5001, 5004.  Location B has 5002, 5003.

Incoming calls go through without issue for both locations.  THey can receive
and make calls.  We can receive and make calls.  However, Location A cannot
contact Location B.  But we can call from within the same location.   5001 can
call 5004 but not 5002.  5002 can call 5003 but not 5001.   Although the
extensions would ring, except that there is no audio when the call is picked
up.  But within the same location audio is fine.

Also, if 5001 calls 5002 and 5002 does not pickup,  the call successfully gets
redirected to the VM system with audio working.