On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 12:25 -0700, Nathan Nieblas wrote:

> Cisco follows IETF standards for SIP

With all due respect to Cisco, that statement doesn't mean very much.

There are lots of documents that make up 'standards for SIP', and many
ways in which implementations can be incompatible while still making the
claim that they 'follow' some spec.

Doubtless we will eventually be able to figure out what the issue that
started this thread is, and possibly configure around it.  We may be
able to make a change that prevents the problem but preserves
compatibility with the other phones.

It is true that the core development team does not normally test much
with Cisco phones - they just are not that high a priority for us.  The
configuration support for them is mostly from the community, and for
that we are very appreciative.

If you want to use phones that we test with thoroughly, today that means
mostly Polycom, the Counterpath Bria, and various of the Avaya phones.
Other phones work, but generally are not as well tested by the core
team, and configuration support for them varies more in quality and
frequency of updates.