Right, but the description of the problem is identical to mine. Gateway
calls and is answered by AA instead of ringing user.

Example:

Prefix: 7 digits after: 3

Send "matched suffix" to opposite gateway.

I can map a sip uri on the phone and call, but something has changed in 4.20
that keeps this from being as simple as it should be, hence the JIRA. That
or the wiki needs to be changed.

gateway user "sip domain", not FQDN, and leave port at "0".

Let me test, but I think the wiki is wrong and needs to be amended.