I tried opera, and it has the same issue.

I don't think this is a question of what technology runs on the iPad or other
tablet, as much as the design of the menuing code.  For example, the drop down
menus on http://ecovillageithaca.org work OK, because they can be activated
either by a mouseover or by a click (that site runs joomla and uses Moomenu).

If sipx is using some standard Java libraries for menuing, perhaps this change
will come automatically with an update of that library, or perhaps there are
other menuing libraries that could be easily adapted.

Jeff

P.S. You keep your paws off my iPad!