I finally did my XMPP tests with a third server to trick Bria.
In short (the good news): it all worked!!

The longer version (including the bad news):
When I set up a third HA server with FQDN==sip-domain with only XMPP
enabled then everything works.
- Online Status is updated
- GroupChat works OK (drag and drop)
- IM groups are transfered

There is however a small showstopper:
- Bria receives via XMPP the IM-enabled user group I defined (GroupChat).
Unfortunately the IM contacts in the "GroupChat" group only have the
"Jabber"-id filled in and not the "Softphone".
  As a result you can't call these contacts by right-clicking because Bria
has no SIP information, only (group-)chat with them.

  I don't know whether the SIP/softphone information is or is not present
in XMPP, but wiresharking XMPP traffic results in a long list of
numbers.....is there a way to make this readable?
  It would be nicer if all contact information for a contact was available
under Bria automagically.

  If the softphone information is added manually to the XMPP contact then
it is kept over reboots so that makes the "problem" smaller.
  It would be nice however if this information was there from the start
(less hassle with users).
  There is also no "softphone" field in the Users <Contact Information>
screen.
  (and if I fill in for example a cell phone number then it does not show
up in Bria, it does in pidgin....more testing to be done).

At the start I only created the XMPP SRV records for the third server, not
the SIP SRV's.
To test it was not related to this I added SIP SRV's as well and enabled
"Redundant SIP router", but that did not help.
It did generate the following error message:

Standard output

In redundant configuration, SIP_REGISTRAR_NAME (th.internal.epo.org)
should not equal SIP_REGISTRAR_DOMAIN_NAME (
Standard error

/usr/bin/sipregistrar.sh: line 71: myRegDomain: command not found

Conclusion: Bria can be tricked, but you get contacts without the
SIP/softphone info.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincères salutations

Paul Scheepens