No offense, but if G729 were that important, I would implement a SBC
at the edge that transcodes. This really makes the best sense (at
least to me), because then sipx would be a standard installation (not
even behind nat or remote users) and let the SBC handle the qos as
best it could and negotiate G729 at the edge to G711 or G722 inside
without using the bandwidth, if its all that important to scrimp on
bandwidth (I know, some places it is not easy to come by).

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Michael Scheidell
<scheid...@secnap.net> wrote:
> On 5/21/10 11:26 AM, Jermaine Pinder wrote:
>
> What's the best approche to setup QoS between internal and remote users that
> are using UDP ports between 30000-31000?
>

> just so you know, your ISP and/or the ISP on the other end, or on any of the
> 15 hops in between might not even support QOS.
>
> your best bet is to use G.729a (which might require licensing.  sipx AA and
> VM don't support G.729a, but there is a possibility that a freeswitch $10
> per channel G.729a license might work).
>
> QOS is just a 'request'.
>
> if you do this, also consider QOS on udp port 5060.
>

> --
> Michael Scheidell, CTO
> Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
>> | SECNAP Network Security Corporation
>
> Certified SNORT Integrator
> 2008-9 Hot Company Award Winner, World Executive Alliance
> Five-Star Partner Program 2009, VARBusiness
> Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
> King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.