From: M. Ranganathan [mailto:mra...@gmail.com]
Sent: 31 May 2010 23:01
To: Sven Evensen
Cc: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: Re: SIP trunk stops registering

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 2:33 PM, M. Ranganathan <mra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Sven Evensen <sven.even...@onrelay.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi Ranga,
>>
>> The problem is a little more subtle, I will try to explain. And I will send
>> you a snapshot too.
>>
>> sipX sends REGISTER cseq=1.
>> after 500ms sipX resends REGISTER cseq=1.
>> a few ms later 401 cseq=1 is received for first REGISTER.
>> sipX sends new REGISTER with nonce cseq=2.
>> sipX receives 401 cseq=1 (fault ITSP?) from resent first REGISTER and trunk
>> is "blocked"
>> sipX receives 200 OK cseq=2 from REGISTER with nonce, but disregards it.
>> Fault sipX?
>

> It would be interesting to see a debug log if you can generate one.
>
> (might be a bit large but it would be worth while).
>
> edit etc/sipxpbx/log4j.properties. Add the line
> log4j.category.org.sipfoundry.sipxbridge=trace
>
> AND turn ON debug level logging only for sipxbridge. Then let the
> trunk time out as above and please send me the trace.
>
> Only sipXbridge needs to have DEBUG turned on.
>
> Ranga

Looking at the log sent by Sven, it appears that there are DNS issues
that lead to this.

"2010-05-31T20:43:01.328000Z":33528:JAVA:WARNING:ec2-175-41-131-35.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com:Timer-0:00000000:SipUtilities:"FindSipServer::findServer
Unable to resolve by A portahk.cordiaip.netx"
"2010-05-31T20:43:01.328000Z":33529:JAVA:ERR:ec2-175-41-131-35.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com:Timer-0:00000000:RegistrationTimerTask:"Unexpected
Exception Sending registration in timer task"
javax.sip.SipException: No route to registrar found
        at
org.sipfoundry.sipxbridge.SipUtilities.createRegistrationRequestTemplate(SipUtilities.java:449)
        at
org.sipfoundry.sipxbridge.SipUtilities.createRegistrationRequest(SipUtilities.java:561)
        at
org.sipfoundry.sipxbridge.RegistrationManager.sendRegistrer(RegistrationManager.java:45)
        at
org.sipfoundry.sipxbridge.RegistrationTimerTask.run(RegistrationTimerTask.java:38)

--
M. Ranganathan