From: WORLEY, Dale R (Dale) [mailto:dwor...@avaya.com]
Sent: 01 June 2010 19:03
To: Sven Evensen; M. Ranganathan
Cc: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: RE: SIP trunk stops registering

From: Sven Evensen [sven.even...@onrelay.com]

should be cseq=2 in line 5, which is a fault from the ITSP?:

sipX sends REGISTER cseq=1.
after 500ms sipX resends REGISTER cseq=1.
a few ms later 401 cseq=1 is received for first REGISTER.
sipX sends new REGISTER with nonce cseq=2.
sipX receives 401 cseq=2 (fault ITSP?) from resent first REGISTER and
trunk is "blocked"
sipX receives 200 OK cseq=2 from REGISTER with nonce, but disregards it.

You can tell if the ITSP has made a mistake by comparing the Via header
'branch' values -- they should match the CSeq in requests and responses.

If you've sent a snapshot, we can see this.

We probably should have a more sophisticated algorithm for restoring
service on a trunk.  On the other hand, this does seem to be an ITSP
problem and they should fix it.

Dale