I acknbowledge that the way permissions are applied to dialplans could be
improved...  Basically, the sipXecs determines which permissions to apply by
evaluating the output of the dialplan transformation but if two dialplans are
setup to produce identical outputs, the authorization stage responsible for
checking permissions cannot tell the two dialplans appart and therefore cannot
apply the right permission checks in many cases. This is confusing but here is
an example. If I have two dialplans:

DP #1:
REQUIRES: LongDistance perm
INPUT: 9 followed by "any digits";
OUTPUT: send "any digits" to gateway XYZ

DP #2:
REQUIRES: LocalDialing perm
INPUT: 6 followed by "any digits";
OUTPUT: send "any digits" to gateway XYZ

Remember that the permissions are applied based on the output of a dialplan but
in this case DP1 and DP2 cannot be told appart because they produce the exact
same output, i.e. "send "any digits" to gateway XYZ". That means that the
permission requirements of DP1 are always applied for calls of "any digits to
gateway XYZ".

So, the work around is to make the two dialplans' outputs unambiguous. When
possible, a way to do this is to have the two dialplans match different dial
string lengths. For example, the following would yield the unambiguous outputs
and proper permissions could ba applied:
DP #1:
REQUIRES: LongDistance perm
INPUT: 9 followed by "10 digits";
OUTPUT: send "any digits" to gateway XYZ

DP #2:
REQUIRES: LocalDialing perm
INPUT: 6 followed by "7 digits";
OUTPUT: send "any digits" to gateway XYZ

I think that refering to the gateway by IP address in one DP and by its FQDN in
another way to make DP outputs unambiguous but I haven't tried it.

Another way would the add a dummy prefix to the DP output that the gateway is
configured to throw out.  You could then make DP outputs unamnbiguous by
preprending unique prefixes in each DP output.