On 7/2/10 7:41 PM, Tony Graziano wrote:
> A lot of people are griping and moaning about this but their comments
> lie in completely unrelated email threads.

Diagnostic in general, look at the FAQ's (not the written FAQ's, but
the  questions and problems people post the most about).  look at the
likely answers.
Write some diagnostics to help.

Example:  Dial plans: (yes, messy, once you understand them, no big deal).
Have a Dial Plan simulator, user types in exact number to dial
(including trunk code), time of day, and extension number they would
dial from.
Same code that would route the call in real life would analize the info
and show all possible routes, including flag those blocked due permissions.

Example:  'I can make outbound calls, but my inbound calls (go to wrong
place | get fast busy | just ring ).
(first step, dial plan!  enter phone number you are calling, time of day
and ITSP you think it should come in on), show what extentions it would
try to ring, include hunt groups, aliases, call FWD's etc.

Make sure ITSP is set up right (user/auth should be registered, by ip,
ip should be reachable)
Then, if that looks right, have them hit 'listen for call'.  (little / -
\ - / wheel running with a 5 min timeout).  have it watch logs, and/or
wireshark (tshark from cli) and analize the logs, watch for codex
offered, codex used.