On 2010-07-06 16:47, m...@grounded.net wrote:
> The tools which were suggested to me are both where I'm stuck at this time.
> The merge-logs command and the regtimes command don't exit on the ISO so I've
> gotten sidetracked in resolving those issues. This has lead to other problems
> while the problem continues. There is nothing special about my install,
> nothing modified, it's just a standard ISO install with my name/IP.
>
> At this point, I need to move on. Someone suggested that I give an RPM
> install a try, which might be closer to what most on the list are using and
> so I am in the process of doing this. I badly need to get the phones working
> because calls are going missed. I'm hoping this install will fix the problem.
> Then I can get back to this machine to find out what the heck has been going
> on.
>
> Does that sound reasonable?

No.  The ISO install _is_ an RPM install - changing from one to the
other will accomplish nothing at all but consume time.

Get the sipregistrar.log from one of your failure windows and post it
somewhere to which you can provide a URL, then post that URL here with
as specific a description as you know how to write about which phones
disappeared from the registration list and as accurately as possible
when that happened.